The Rio Theatre returns with social distancing movies on Thursday, July 2!
It’s all happening… We have seriously missed you, Vancouver!
All of us at the Rio Theatre are excited to re-open, and can’t wait to welcome everyone back!
But in the meantime… Please read the following housekeeping updates.
We kindly ask that you do not enter the Rio Theatre if any of the following applies:
- You are experiencing fever, chills, sore throat, shortness of breath, a new or worsening cough, and/or new muscle aches or headache.
- Have traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- Are in close contact with a person who has currently has, or has tested positively for, COVID-19.
Before you come:
We are currently operating at a drastically reduced capacity. As such, advance tickets for all shows are strongly recommended. We can’t guarantee ticket availability at the door prior to any show. Advance tickets can be purchased through our handy-dandy ticketing site, www.riotheatretickets.ca
When you arrive:
- Please come early! This will allow our staff adequate time to ensure that guests are seated in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Doors for all shows open 30 minutes prior (at least) to any given screening.
- We kindly ask and encourage all guests visiting the Rio Theatre to wear a mask as much as possible in an effort to help protect other guests and our staff.
- Please consider paying for your delicious popcorn, tasty beverages, and East Vancouver’s best grilled cheese sandwich with with either debit or credit cards in an effort to help ensure as “contact-less” an experience as possible.
- Wash. Your. Hands. (Then wash them some more.) hand sanitising stations are also available in the lobby.
- Observe and maintain a physical distance of 2 metres. As required by the Health Minister we will maintain the 50 person (per room capacity) restriction. However The Rio has a total 420 seating capacity so we have lots of room for everyone to spread out and enjoy the film comfortably. Please ensure that 2-3 seats are left empty between your party and any other. In an effort to achieve distance at all times, aisle seats are no longer available for sitting (but you can definitely sit beside an aisle seat!). The maximum number of patrons in a party that can be seated together is 6. (If you have more than six people, be prepared to split up!) Of course, our friendly staff will be on hand and available prior to showtime to ensure that proper distance is maintained.
A few more things:
- All of our staff will be wearing masks and maintaining frequent hand washing.
- Seats are thoroughly disinfected between screenings.
- Washrooms are disinfected between screenings.
- Our concession area is disinfected between screenings.
- All other areas of high contact – door handles, pin-pads, etc – will be routinely cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Check out our hand sanitizer! Get to know it. Love it. Use it! It’s a-may-zing, and it is…. Everywhere.
One last thing:
We’d like to take a moment to officially thank our fantastic, ride-or-die, movie-loving audience for all of your love and incredible support through the years. Now, more than ever. Seriously… We mean it!!
We are beyond excited to fire up the projector, and are looking forward to navigating this “new normal” with you this summer.