As of December 22, 2021, the Rio Theatre is back to operating at 50% capacity.
We kindly ask that you do not enter the Rio Theatre if any of the following applies:
- You are experiencing fever, chills, sore throat, shortness of breath, a new or worsening cough, and/or new muscle aches or headache.
- Have traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- Are in close contact with a person who has currently has, or has tested positively for, COVID-19.
Before you come:
- As per BC’s current Public Health Guidelines, mandatory proof of vaccination is required for entry. No exceptions.
Advance tickets are strongly recommended to ensure entry to any show. We can’t guarantee ticket availability at the door prior to any show. Tickets are available at www.riotheatretickets.ca
When you arrive:
- Please come early! This will allow our staff adequate time to process vaccination cards, etc.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times (unless eating or drinking while seated).
- Wash. Your. Hands. (Then wash them some more.) Multiple hand sanitizing stations are also available throughout the venue.
- Whenever possible, please observe and maintain social distancing.
A few more things:
- Masks are mandatory and should be worn at all times, unless you are seated.
- All of our staff will be wearing masks and maintaining frequent hand washing.
- Washrooms are disinfected between screenings.
- Our concession area is disinfected between screenings.
- All other areas of high contact – door handles, pin-pads, etc – will be routinely cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Check out our hand sanitizer! Get to know it. Love it. Use it! It’s a-may-zing, and it is…. Everywhere.
One last thing:
We’d like to take a moment to officially thank our fantastic, ride-or-die, movie-loving audience for all of your love and incredible support through the years. Now, more than ever. Seriously… We mean it!!